Wednesday, April 7, 2010

.This Modern Excitement.


June 21st 2k10. It feels like waiting for Christmas when you're little. SOOO FAAAR AWAAAAY.

What is this date that I cannot hide my excitement for? Well, Mom and Ryangle, it is the release date of Bloc Party's lead singer Kele Okereke's solo album, The Boxer.

Since I just started this blog, my musical turn ons are obviously unclear. So, let me start it off by saying, Bloc Party holds a special place in this kick drum heart. I first heard them in an old friends car and although a little intoxicated, amazingly I couldn't get them out of my head the next day. I have been dangerously in love ever since. All 3 albums are in arms reach of wherever I may be. Home, Work, Gym...(my daily bubble). I'm pretty sure if CDs could wear down from too much play, Silent Alarm would dissipate into thin air. I have been to all 3 shows in LaLa land, as close to the front as I can be, sweaty from jumping in the mosh pit, and screaming every word at the top of my lungs. I have also forced my closest roll dogs to become fans. Actually, I didn't have to force anything, send them a couple songs and they are hooked. Anyways, enough about me. All 3 albums, not one the same as the other, are amazing. Which is why Kele can do NO wrong in my eyes or my ears (to be precise). Even his song with Tiesto is on my repeating playlist. Yes, Tiesto. I said it out loud, I admitted it, its out there. Tip of the iceberg, just the tip.



My draw to him? His voice is like warm honey in my ears and his lyrics completely melt my soul..And their (Bloc Party) songs, whether simple or intricate, drip of pure raw talent.....Yes, as I said, I am dangerously in love. Call me a superfan. I am ok with that.....

So the countdown is on.....I sit and and I wait with superfan anticipation...(which means checking his blog everyday AND searching his name in Google.........everyday)



1 comment:

  1. I kinda feel like the comment button is for dorks who don't really understand the blogging. Well... since this is your safe haven, it wouldn't be fair to judge me then would it.

    I like the part about warm honey in your ears, since only I know how you feel about honey. But it's true, and I really don't see how this album could not be good, too pop would not be bad, but I don't see that happening. Maybe we'll get some leaks from Ibiza. Fighting fire with fireworks...

    ReplyDelete