Wednesday, April 7, 2010

.Repeat Offender.

So...I am music obsessed. I find a song, or an album in this case, and play it out until it has more plays than a Los Angeles radio station. If there was an A&E series of "Repeat" offenders, I would take up the entire hour. I have it on my laptop for my morning dance ritual, in my car for the "prepare for hell" drive, on my iPod to motivate the 5 am workouts, ripped at work to pacify my day, and I will most likely throw a couple songs on one of my mixed CDs floating around my bubble.

With that being said, the album currently dissipating into my musical air is:
Top Ranking: A Diplo Dub.


I'm not gonna lie, I was skeptical of Santogold at first. Took me a while to appreciate her the way I do. But then one day, I just couldn't get enough. Her album still makes its rounds in my world.


In this case, I give my props to Edouble , who on a side note, always makes the best mix tapes (CDS if you want to get all futuristic with it). Her and I have been musical BFFs from day one and not because we met working at Sam Goody nearly 10 years ago.

She has snuck a few of the songs on my mix tapes and when I decided to go deeper into the "search", I discovered the album. Now if you know me, you know once I am obsessed, I am beyond saving until that song or album is in my hands to be at my beckon call 24 hours a day 7 days a week. So, I hiked my ass (less then a 1/2 mile) to the heaven of all music lovers, Amoeba, and purchased this diamond in the ruff. And now, I'm stuck in "repeat all" mode.

The obsession started off with Santogold – "Get It Up" (Radioclit Mix feat. M.I.A. and Gorilla Zoe) ((and just let me add, my mom LOVED this song the first time she heard it. Its was the "Native American" vibe. Her words exactly, *See previous blog. My mom is RAD)), then Trouble Andrew – "Run - Hide" (who I am pretty sure I will be bloggin' about soon), Santogold – "I'm A Lady" (Diplo Mix feat. Amanda Blank), and even Aretha Franklin – "Save Me".....And that is only the beginning of 35 tracks of amazingness....Oldies, dub, The Smiths, with a little touch of Santogold.....Its a non-stop party in my ear drums, wherever I go.....

So, obsessed I am....no big surprise. "Cuz the 808 kick drum makes the girlies get dumb....."

Hey, at least its a healthy obsession......

2 comments:

  1. Okay. So... WTF?! did an iTunes search: nada. Really, really, A? I need to go to Amoeba... I need to drive two HOURS to SF to hear this? We'll just see about *that*!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW! Not iTunes friendly at alllll. I can burn it for you :)....

    ReplyDelete