Thursday, April 8, 2010

Saved by the Hook...

I stumble across songs when I'm doing my daily Youtube research. Sometimes old and sometimes new. I was doing my "Draking" and came across this song. To put it bluntly, this song sucks ass. BUT, I couldn't stop listening to it while pushing my weights this morning. They "hooked" me. Literally.



The STRATEGY.

Begin the song with:

8 Bars of a bad ass beat we are all familiar with
8 Bars of Drake-tuned vocals and lyrics to make a pretty fly hook.....

This will "hook" the listener to the point where they don't even care what is coming up next.

And what came up next?....16+ bars of disaster. Page and his lyrics that obviously my 12 year old brother could write (minus the "mix cocaine powder with the pro tools") slap your ass in the face. Seriously, if I didn't like the hook so much and they didn't strategically plan to put it BEFORE the verbal Page vomit, I would of moved on. Hearing these lyrics first would of made me click quickly on ANYTHING in the right hand video sidebar. Even Yanni.

"Clean in this bitch I'm feelin' myself goddamn a nigga rich
And every time I touch it guaranteed to be hit"

Yeah. What you mean, Page, is that anything Drake touches is a hit. Obviously.

Still, as I sit here and talk shit, that song is in my iPod. So yeah, hooked.

Props to the producer on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment