Friday, April 9, 2010

Anallegra...

Its Friday. The eve of my favorite day of the entire week. Actually, Friday is definitely in the running to becoming "Allegra's Next Top Day". Minus the looming reality of being at work, I really like Friday's. They just aren't as hectic as any other weekday. People are more pleasant and the vibe is just....chill.
Another plus for Contestant Friday and what definitely makes it the next runner up to Saturday is the ritual.
I'm a pretttttty anal human being. If I add any kind of activity to my already planned out days, it becomes a ritual after 1 successful try. Now, if that ritual is in anyway broken from that day forward, it gives me a slight case of anxiety. And by slight I mean.....sweaty, irritable Allegra. Ok, I'm not THAAAAAT bad. Really........I'm not (just don't ask the opinions of others I know)
What it boils down to is, I like routines.

Alright, back to my contestant. Friday is the matutinal (a word of the day, which is just another one of my many rituals) beach run with my Ryora the Explorah. I love it. He does too, but not until about 20 minutes after the rude awaking of the 4:15 alarm. I try to keep the rudeness of waking up at the butt crack of dawn as peaceful and calm as possible. Which is why I have my phone alarm set to The XX-Shelter. You really cant get any more calm and serene then that.



And finally...The Ritual: Up at 4:15 am, in car by 4:30, at beach by 5, 30 min run by crashing waves, breath in some fresh air, talk about the tides, push our panting sweaty selves to run up the last giant hill or the flight of stairs, high five!!!!, stare, grab a coffee at Peet's, back home for some eggs, etc. etc......
It's absolutely perfect and sets the weekend off just right.
Crazy? Maybe. But, its my routine......It's just how I do....


No comments:

Post a Comment