Thursday, April 8, 2010

Its Cougar Time....

Yeah, I'm pretty damn close to 30, so Cougar looks like the title I earn by having a slight infatuation with Justin Bieber. Is that wrong?......I don't care. Call me Mrs. Robinson.
There's something about the "lil' lesbian" look-a-like that puts a smile on my face. He's freakin adorable and he taught himself the drums at age 5. I mean come on. Plus, when I'm 38, he'll be 26. Aaliyah knew that age ain't nothing but a number.

But seriously, in a world where Tweens are force-fed sex by the spoonfuls, this kid is like a breath of fresh air. I like to consider him the Justin Timberlake/Michael Jackson replacement of the 2kTens. His lyrics are sweet and innocent. Sweet and innocent. Tell me the last time those words have been used to describe any pop artist....Yeah, hard to think back, isn't it???....Ok, The Beatles...a looong looong time ago...In my opinion (and you can disagree with me at anytime. I wont be mad) his songs are just futuristic versions of early Beatles jams....Catchy, sweet, and instant hits.

SO, yes, I HAVE listened to both of his CDS if you really want to know. And will probably purchase them for my collection. I love music and will give anything a try. SOOOO, as you sit and laugh at my musical explorations, I will tell you this.....I always wake up in the morning with a random song in my head. Yesterday it was "Baby" and I smiled to myself cause that is DAMN cute song. I was born happy, damn it, and if I can wake up with a smile on my face, you totally win in my world (2.0).

Now, the music world does suck you up and spit you out pretty ferociously. I'm sure his sweet little heart o' gold will be tainted at some point....
It doesn't help that his mentor is a notorious sex addict, but ya know....its good while it lasts...

OH.....And this Saturday??? I'm breaking out my Cougar gear and sitting in front of a cracked MacBook Pro to watch JB's performance on SNL. The best part of all of this is??... I'll be in the company of the "Sugar in the Raw" to my "Grande Americano"...Cause he's cool like that and embraces (ok, tolerates) my cheese.

This cougar is out.....

PS....This song makes me want to twirl around, literally twirl.....




1 comment:

  1. http://images.publicradio.org/content/2007/12/03/20071203_tegan_and_sarah_2.jpg

    ReplyDelete