Tuesday, April 13, 2010

You're wrong....

Billboard.com has a Monday ritual they call MashUps Monday.
Every Monday, they post a new video of an artist acoustically performing a song in a completely different genre than their own.

I'm usually VERY disappointed and slightly confused.
The last time I checked...a Mashup wasn't a cover and a cover wasn't a mashup...
But what the hell do I know???
....So I went to a reliable source for an answer...
Yeah, I UrbanDitionaried it.

They seem to agree:

1. Mash Up
v. To take elements of two or more pre-existing pieces of music and combine them to make a new song.
n. A song comprised of elements of two or more pre-existing pieces of music.

Mmhmmm, that's what I thought.

OH and while Im at it..

1. Alligator Tears
n. Tears that are fake, or are meant to deceive

Anyways, like I said, I'm usually HIGHLY disappointed with the performance. Most times I'm cringing while frantically hitting the stop button within the first 30 seconds.
When I saw that Florence (and the Machine) was this weeks Mashupcoverextravaganza of a 2004 R&B song, I was a little hesitant...
Well, I should of known better....

Florence kills it.....with angelic sound waves...
Her voice is powerful, effortless and amazingly beautiful...and it only gets better...

Not only that, but she is F'n adorable in her interview at the end....
I love how an artist embraces different genres.
To me, that is what being a real, talented artist is all about.
I want to be her friend.



While I'm at it...I want to be Imogean's friend too.
And when we talk on the phone or face to face, I will only allow them to speak in song.



This song is amazing BTW.

No comments:

Post a Comment